Re: Mutli-directory module Makefiles

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Thu Jan 25 2018 - 15:42:25 EST

Hi Jakub.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 01:46:07PM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> in drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp there is a module which is built
> from C sources in 4 directories. What is the best way to handle that?

Move all .c files to th same directory - like done for almost
all other drives.
In this case we have a directory: drivers/net/ethernet/netronome
which is just an indirection to nfp/
and nfp/ contains a structure with 25 .c files in subdirs.

With some careful renaming everything could reside in
one dir without loosing any structure.
And then the driver starts to look a bit
more like any other driver in the kernel.

And as an added benefit some of the other goodies like
building single files just works.

Sam