Re: HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 hangs with Linux 4.13+.

From: Laurence Oberman
Date: Mon Jan 15 2018 - 11:25:25 EST

On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 07:01 -0800, Hellwig, Christoph wrote:
> Laurence, I'm a little confused.ÂÂIs this the same issue we just
> fixed,
> or is this an issue showing up with the fix?
>
> E.g. what kernel versions or trees are affected?

Hello Christoph

This showed up on a combined tree of Mikes and Jens (4.15.0-
rc4.block.dm.4.16) I was testing this weekend but was not apparent on
the generic upstream 4.15-rc7 from Linus.
I have to admit that was puzzling me.

When I removed your commit the issue went away.

Ming has crafted a fix so that your original commit can remain in and I
am testing that now against the same tree that was hanging before.

Ming has a handle on the issue so I will report back after testing.

Kernel is building now

Thanks
Laurence