Re: perf: perf_fuzzer quickly locks up on 4.15-rc7

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Thu Jan 11 2018 - 04:14:06 EST

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 08:44:23AM -0500, Vince Weaver wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2018, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
>
> > So remind me again, how are you running that fuzzer? I'm running
> > ./fast_repro99.sh as root.
>
> I'm running ./fast_repro98.sh on a regular haswell machine with paranoid
> set to "0".

I'm seeing things like:

Cannot open /sys/kernel/tracing/kprobe_events

this is likely caused by me not having anything mounted there. Rostedt
provided the magic incantation to make that work, I'll go try now.

At least I seem to have cured all lockdep splats.. of course, the moment
I hit send on this someone bad is bound to happen.