Re: [BISECTED] v4.15-rc: Boot regression on x86_64/AMD

From: Christian KÃnig
Date: Wed Jan 10 2018 - 07:30:34 EST

Am 09.01.2018 um 19:38 schrieb Bjorn Helgaas:
I don't like to add new parameters because I think it's an
unreasonable burden on users and it makes it hard for distros, but I
understand the desire to use this functionality. What would you think
of adding a "pci=big_root_window" parameter that logs an info message
and taints the kernel with TAINT_FIRMWARE_WORKAROUND? Then there's at
least some clue that we're in uncharted territory.

Done, patches for this are in your inbox.

Additionally to that I cleaned up the 256GB patch a bit more, e.g. added a comment where the 0xfd00000000 limit comes from and updated the commit message.

Please review and/or comment,
Christian.