[patch RFC 0/5] x86/spectre_v2: Initial integration of IBRS into the spectre_v2 mechanics

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Jan 09 2018 - 20:22:36 EST

I started to look at the IBRS series and this thing really needs a thorough
treatment with a steam blaster.

So I started that effort by integrating it proper into the existing spectre_v2
command line parsing and mitigation method selection.

It's not having any of the actual IBRS bits yet and is completely untested,
but I wanted to send it out before falling completely asleep so the folks
still awake can take a look and comment or expand/modify.

The first patch is from Boris to simplify the cpu feature bits sync after a
late microcode load, but it's not yet used. I just added it for reference
so people can see where this is heading.

I'll continue on that tomorrow morning after picking up a few patches here
and there.

Applies on top of

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git x86/pti

Thanks,

tglx