Re: perf: perf_fuzzer quickly locks up on 4.15-rc7

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Tue Jan 09 2018 - 10:25:06 EST

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> > I'll try your patch and see if it makes a difference.
>
> I suspect not, it shouldn't be PTI specific.

yes, applying your patch didn't help, still locks up on the Haswell
machine.

Is there any debugging I could turn on that would help? I tried KASAN
but it didn't help. I think I have the regular lockdep stuff enabled.

alt-sysrq doesn't work either (or at least, the version using BREAK over
the serial console doesn't, I can maybe try hooking up a keyboard/display
to see if that helps).

Vince