Re: Aw: Re: Re: dvb usb issues since kernel 4.9

From: Alan Stern
Date: Mon Jan 08 2018 - 12:35:16 EST

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018, Josef Griebichler wrote:

> No I can't sorry. There's no sat connection near to my workstation.

Can we ask the person who made this post:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/4235-dvb-issue-since-le-switched-to-kernel-4-9-x/?postID=75965#post75965

to run the test? The post says that the testing was done on an x86_64
machine.

> Gesendet:ÂMontag, 08. Januar 2018 um 17:31 Uhr
> Von:Â"Alan Stern" <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An:Â"Josef Griebichler" <griebichler.josef@xxxxxx>
> Cc:Â"Mauro Carvalho Chehab" <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Greg Kroah-Hartman" <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eric Dumazet" <edumazet@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Rik van Riel" <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Paolo Abeni" <pabeni@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Hannes Frederic Sowa" <hannes@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Jesper Dangaard Brouer" <jbrouer@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jonathan Corbet" <corbet@xxxxxxx>, LMML <linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Peter Zijlstra" <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "David Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff:ÂRe: Aw: Re: dvb usb issues since kernel 4.9
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2018, Josef Griebichler wrote: > Hi Maro, > > I tried your mentioned patch but unfortunately no real improvement for me. > dmesg http://ix.io/DOg > tvheadend service log http://ix.io/DOi[http://ix.io/DOi] > Errors during recording are still there. > Errors increase if there is additional tcp load on raspberry. > > Unfortunately there's no usbmon or tshark on libreelec so I can't provide further logs. Can you try running the same test on an x86_64 system? Alan Stern

It appears that you are using a non-standard kernel. The vanilla
kernel does not include any "dwc_otg_hcd" driver.

Alan Stern