Re: general protection fault in finish_task_switch

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Fri Dec 22 2017 - 04:08:40 EST

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > FWIW, these google links keep translating everything to my local
>> > language, is there any way to tell google to not do stupid stuff like
>> > that and give me English like computers ought to speak?
>>

>> The group has "Group's primary language: English" in settings. I guess
>> that's either your Google account settings (if you are signed in), or
>> browser settings.
>> For chrome there is an option in setting for preferred languages,
>> browsers are supposed to send that in requests. For google account
>> check https://myaccount.google.com/intro there is "Languages" section.
>
> I do not use (nor want to) a google account to sign in. Chromium has
> English set as the preferred language (I typically don't install weird
> localisation things and language packs in any case; 7bit ASCII FTW).
>
> I have also done the google.com/ncr thing, which got rid of google.com
> defaulting to google.nl, but groups.google.com keeps insisting on
> translating the 'app' to Dutch. Seeing both Dutch and English (the
> actual messages) at the same time completely screws my brain.
>
> I'd file a bug against groups.google.com for not respecting the /ncr
> thing, but I suspect you'd require a google account for that :-(

You mean the messages themselves are translated? That's weird. Seems
that Google Translate somehow kicks in. There is a "Offer to translate
pages that aren't in a language you read" setting in chromium, but I
guess if you have only English in languages it should not matter... I
am out of ideas. Just in case, all syzbot reports are on LKML as well.