Re: Linux 4.15-rc4

From: Donald Parsons
Date: Mon Dec 18 2017 - 19:00:29 EST

Suspend still failing to start up again. Screen is blank and ssh finds
no path but computer looks and sounds like it is running normally.
PC is 6 months old and suspend worked flawlessly until roughly 2 to 3
weeks ago. This is Fedora 26 using always the latest Fedora provided
kernels or Linus' kernels compiled by me. Both started to have resume
failures. vmlinuz-4.13.15-200.fc26.x86_64 works usually (failed once
out of 3 or 4) and later ones never work(? fail 2 out of 2).

It seems a suspend problem was back-ported starting about vmlinuz-
4.13.15 because I never saw failure earlier, eg. vmlinuz-4.13.5--14-
200.fc26.x86_64

Also the chance of resume failure seems to increase the longer I wait,
like resume will probably work after 10 or 20 minutes but after 12
hours it seems to fail almost always. But to be certain, this would
need much more testing!

Hardware in desktop PC:
Motherboard, ASRock Fata1ity Z270 Gaming K6 (2.11 beta bios)
Video card, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
CPU, Intel i7-7700K (not overclocked)
Memory, G.SKILL DDR4 3200 8GBx2 (F4-3200C16D-16GVK)
M.2 storage, Samsung 1TB 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD
PSU, EVGA 750BQ model 110-BQ-0750

Don