Re: Regression with a0747a859ef6 ("bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register")

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Sat Dec 16 2017 - 11:36:01 EST

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 13:51:22 -0600,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not know what is different. Do you have any ideas? Most likely I won't be able to test any more kernels until Monday (unless I can use most of my most recent build over again very soon).

The .config looks like it should be OK. I'll test setting loglevel on boot in case the default is different than what the config file says. I can't do that until Monday morning.

I think it is more likely the the WARN_ON macro code isn't being compiled in for some reason. I haven't confirmed that, nor have I found anything that would leave that code out when I do a make, but include it during Fedora builds.