Re: Re: WARNING in x86_emulate_insn

From: Lan, Tianyu
Date: Sat Dec 09 2017 - 00:44:15 EST

On 12/8/2017 5:27 PM, Wanpeng Li wrote:
Hi Jim&Wanpeng:
Thanks for your help.

Try disabling the module parameter, "unrestricted_guest." Make sure
that the module parameter, "emulate_invalid_guest_state" is enabled.
This combination allows userspace to feed invalid guest state into the
in-kernel emulator.

Yes, you are right. I need to disable unrestricted_guest to reproduce the issue.

I can observe ctxt->exception.vector == 0xff which triggers Dmitry's
report. Do you figure out the reason?

Yes, this is caused by that emulation callback returns error code while
not emulate exception and not set exception vector.
ctxt->exception.vector is default to be 0xff in emulate instruction code
path.