Re: [RFC v2 6/6] flow_dissector: Parse batman-adv unicast headers

From: Sven Eckelmann
Date: Wed Dec 06 2017 - 12:28:09 EST

On Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2017 11:54:13 CET Willem de Bruijn wrote:
> Perhaps it can even be behind a static key depending on whether any
> devices are active, adjusted in batadv_hardif_(en|dis)able_interface.

I don't like that because we don't need batman-adv loaded to simply forward
(bridge) traffic between interfaces. And not being able to use RPS with
multiple cores just because the batman-adv module (and interfaces) is not
enabled seems to be counter-intuitive.

> Please implement FLOW_DISSECTOR_F_STOP_AT_ENCAP. It may
> be used in more flow dissector paths in the future.
>
> The features are also used by GRE, which can encap Ethernet, for an example
> that is closer to this protocol.

Thanks for the feedback. I have it now implemented like in GRE.

The change can already be found in
https://git.open-mesh.org/linux-merge.git/shortlog/refs/heads/ecsv/flowdissector

Kind regards,
Sven