Re: PROBLEM: Asus C201 video mode problems on HDMI hotplug (regression)

From: Nick Bowler
Date: Tue Dec 05 2017 - 01:19:13 EST

On 2017-12-04 13:33 -0500, Nick Bowler wrote:
> On 2017-12-04 10:04 +0000, Jose Abreu wrote:
> > Hmmm, my first thought was that audio is being configured first
> > because of the phy lock wait time, I've seen this happening before.
> >
> > Lets try this:
> > - Disable all alsa clients (e.g. pulseaudio, ...) so that no one
> > tries to configure audio.
> > - Plug out/in the cable until the issue appears
> > - When the issue appears use aplay to play audio through the HDMI
> > output
> > - Repeat several times with different audio rates and with no
> > resample (you can use the plughw interface in aplay).
>
> OK, I will give it a try later this evening.

Using the above sequence on unpatched 4.15-rc1 it seems there is no
sound when starting audio output after the pink bar is visible.

However I am not confident of the results here, restarting aplay
with different sample rates (or even restarting with the same rate)
is causing some weird effects on my setup so I want to check the test
setup with some different source devices.

Cheers,
Nick