Re: [linux-sunxi] Cedrus driver

From: Maxime Ripard
Date: Tue Nov 28 2017 - 07:52:19 EST

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:54:08PM +0100, Giulio Benetti wrote:

> > > Yes, this is the best way, cedrus is very specific to sunxi.
> > > So before working on mainline, I think the best is to work un sunxi-next branch.
> >
> > Is the requests2 api in sunxi-next?
>
> It should be there,
> take a look at latest commit of yesterday:
> https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/commit/df7cacd062cd84c551d7e72f15b1af6d71abc198

No, it shouldn't. sunxi-next is about patches that are related to
sunxi that have been accepted in their respective maintainers'
branches.

While we could argue about the first criteria, the second one is not
respected.

And really, just develop against 4.14. sunxi-next is rebased, and it's
just not something you can base some work on.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering