Re: Towards 4.14 LTS

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Sun Nov 19 2017 - 11:09:57 EST

On 11/19/2017 03:20 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:50:23PM -0600, Tom Gall wrote:
At Linaro weâve been putting effort into regularly running kernel tests over
arm, arm64 and x86_64 targets. On those targets weâre running mainline, -next,
4.4, and 4.9 kernels and yes we are adding to this list as the hardware
capacity grows.

For test buckets weâre using just LTP, kselftest and libhugetlbfs and
like kernels we will add to this list.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this sentance.

My parsing of it is that they will add to the list of tests as well as
to the list of supported kernel versions (and/or maybe architectures ?).

Guenter

With the 4.14 cycle being a little âdifferentâ in so much as the goal to
have it be an LTS kernel I think itâs important to take a look at some
4.14 test results.

Grab a beverage, this is a bit of a long post. But quick summery 4.14 as
released looks just as good as 4.13, for the test buckets I named above.

Thanks for doing this testing and letting us know.

greg k-h