Re: [cdrom_check_status] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 000001c0

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 07 2017 - 11:01:17 EST

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alternatively, we could brown-paper bag it with something like this:

This looks like a good thing to do regardless..

Because this is not really worth spending a ton of effort on debugging
(.. because IDE), but yes, the disassembly of the code clearly shows
that the problem here is that 'info' is NULL.

So adding the NULL guard and saying "we have a race somewhere in the
IDE layer" and not wasting any more time on it is almost certainly the
right thing to do.

Borislav, mind sending a signed-off patch or a pull request or whatever?

Linus