Re: Proposal: single defconfig for all ARM

From: Pintu Kumar
Date: Tue Nov 07 2017 - 01:25:15 EST

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
<metux@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 26.10.2017 18:26, Pintu Kumar wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My proposal is to maintain a common base defconfig file for all ARM
>> products and only add the additional configs in the new defconfig
>> file.
>> I am not sure if this is already possible. If this is possible please
>> let us know the steps.
>

> Would cat'ing 'em together do the trick ?

I think simply cating together may not help.

I observed that there is already a script
(script/kconfig/merge_config.sh) to merge several defconfig.
May be something like this will help.
But still we have to maintain one common base_defconfig and remove
redundant entries in our defconfig.

Does it make sense?