Re: [RFC V7 2/2] OPP: Allow "opp-hz" and "opp-microvolt" to contain magic values

From: Viresh Kumar
Date: Thu Nov 02 2017 - 05:00:45 EST

On 02-11-17, 00:15, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> Sorry I'm not following. We're going to need to have platform
> specific code that understands platform specific bindings that
> aren't shoved into the generic OPP bindings.

At least I am not targeting any platform specific binding right now.
The way I see this to work is:

- We will reuse earlier bindings and allow opp-hz and opp-microvolt to
contain special values (this patch).
- Platform specific DT entries will put corner numbers in opp-hz (or
opp-microvolt) fields.
- Some platform specific driver (in OPP or genpd) will be used to
convert OPP into a performance state (corner) value. Now that can
simply read opp-hz (or opp-microvolt) and return its value.
- OPP core will request for a performance state (code is already
merged for that).

And so there is no platform specific binding here. Do you want to do
this differently ?

--
viresh