Re: [RFC] EPOLL_KILLME: New flag to epoll_wait() that subscribes process to death row (new syscall)

From: Colin Walters
Date: Wed Nov 01 2017 - 11:22:38 EST

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017, at 11:16 AM, Colin Walters wrote:

> as the maintainer of glib2 which is used by a *lot* of things; I'm not

(I meant to say "a" maintainer)

Also, while I'm not an expert in Android, I think the "what to kill" logic
there lives in userspace, right? So it feels like we should expose this
state in e.g. /proc and allow userspace daemons (e.g. systemd, kubelet) to perform
idle collection too, even if the system isn't actually low on resources
from the kernel's perspective.

And doing that requires some sort of kill(pid, SIGKILL_IF_IDLE) or so?