Re: [ghes_copy_tofrom_phys] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at mm/page_alloc.c:4150

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Oct 30 2017 - 13:42:47 EST

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 10:20:40AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I think this whole driver is garbage.

This "driver" was supposed to implement the handle-hw-errors-in-fw glue
crap. The thing is, no one has been using it properly because there's
not even a single firmware vendor who has managed to produce a working
fw glue reporting errors properly. At least I haven't seen one.

Which means, no one is really using this. And now ARM start using it for
real and shit hits fan.

And I'd love to fix it but finding a box which *actually* has a usable
GHES glue is, as I mentioned above, almost impossible so testing fixes
would be hard. I need to figure out something...

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix ImendÃrffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG NÃrnberg)