Re: 4.13 (and probably all recent) kernels refuse to boot on one Nokia N950, work or another

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Oct 26 2017 - 03:28:08 EST

Hi!

On Thu 2017-10-26 09:21:13, Pali RohÃr wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2017 09:08:15 Pavel Machek wrote:
> > On Thu 2017-10-26 08:25:02, Filip MatijeviÄ wrote:
> > > Last time I couldn't get output on serial I used CONFIG_DEBUG_LL,
> > > CONFIG_DEBUG_OMAP3UART3, CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK... and ignore_loglevel
> > > earlyprintk kernel params to get output early enough - I guess you
> > > already tried that.
> >
> > I realized I'm not getting output from the decompessor (even on "S"
> > machine), and enabled that.
>
> That is because you have not enabled those EARLY PRINK or DEBUG LL.
> Similar thing is needed for N900 and IIRC in some of my linux-n900
> branches I have config for it. Plus it needs patching some arch/arm
> source files to make it working.

Do you have a patch? That would be very useful.

Seems like debugging in uncompressor was broken some time ago:

config DEBUG_UNCOMPRESS
bool
depends on ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM || PLAT_SAMSUNG || ARM_SINGLE_ARMV7M
default y if DEBUG_LL && !DEBUG_OMAP2PLUS_UART &&
(!DEBUG_TEGRA_UART || !ZBOOT_ROM)
&& \!DEBUG_BRCMSTB_UART

> > But I'm _still_ not getting any output on decompressor... early
> > printing works ok on "S" but not on "P".
>
> I guess there can be either problem with memory mapping and RAM size or
> with OMAP HS mode?

RAM size should be ok... how do I check for OMAP HS problems?

Pavel