Re: [Patch 5/6] ARM: DRA7: hwmod: Add VPE nodes

From: Benoit Parrot
Date: Fri Oct 13 2017 - 14:05:43 EST

Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Fri [2017-Oct-13 10:05:13 -0700]:
> * Benoit Parrot <bparrot@xxxxxx> [171012 12:28]:
> > +static struct omap_hwmod_class_sysconfig dra7xx_vpe_sysc = {
> > + .sysc_offs = 0x0010,
> > + .sysc_flags = (SYSC_HAS_MIDLEMODE | SYSC_HAS_SIDLEMODE),
> > + .idlemodes = (SIDLE_FORCE | SIDLE_NO | SIDLE_SMART |
> > + MSTANDBY_FORCE | MSTANDBY_NO |
> > + MSTANDBY_SMART),
> > + .sysc_fields = &omap_hwmod_sysc_type2,
> > +};
>
> I think checkpatch.pl --strict would complain about unnecessary
> parentheses, might as well check the whole series while at it.

I actually ran the whole series through "checkpatch.pl --strict"
before posting. And other then the usual MAINTAINER file needing
update warning for the binding patch it no other warning or error.

Based on the rest of the file I believe the parentheses around those
flags are at least consistent.

Now, would the .rev_offs comment also apply here?

Benoit