Linux 4.9.55 break network setup because dhcp client gets an error

From: Eric Valette
Date: Thu Oct 12 2017 - 13:52:50 EST

Hi,

Just compiled a fresh 4.9.55, with same .config, same user space than 4.9.54 and discovered I had no network because ifup fails because dhcp cleint fails. As everything is identical, 4.9.54 still works, I guess one patch in net/core/... did break something.

ifup eth0
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.5
Copyright 2004-2016 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Can't install packet filter program: Cannot allocate memory
<=====
If you think you have received this message due to a bug rather
than a configuration issue please read the section on submitting
bugs on either our web page at www.isc.org or in the README file
before submitting a bug. These pages explain the proper
process and the information we find helpful for debugging..

exiting.
ifup: failed to bring up eth0

Ps: CC me I'm not subscribed

--eric