Re: [RFC v2 1/2] virt: Add vboxguest driver for Virtual Box Guest integration

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Fri Aug 25 2017 - 11:19:27 EST

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 05:13:35PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> You know I've been working on this for almost 2 fulltime months

I don't, and I don't care to be honest. Figuring out what do
do about the userspace API/ABI should be your first priority,
and you should have discussed this on the linux-api list where
I didn't see anything about this driver.

We have a general stance to fix userspace APIs/ABIs before inclusion,
and in the few cases where we did it turned into a giant trainwreck.
The prime example is the Android binder, which has been a giant mess.
And that's something a lot more important than a weird hobbyist
hypersvior.