Re: [RFC 0/2] Add Virtual Box vboxguest and vboxsf guest drivers to the mainline kernel

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Fri Aug 25 2017 - 07:53:22 EST

Hi,

On 11-08-17 21:34, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11-08-17 18:32, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 11-08-17 18:02, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
How about adding it to drivers/virt/ then?

That as actually my first choice, but there is only the 1 driver there
now, so I was thinking that we should move that 1 driver out of there
and get rid of it actually :)

But as said it was my first choice, so maybe it should go there and then
over time we can move all the things you've listed there (assuming anyone
finds the time to do this).

One issues with drivers/virt is no-one is listed for it in MAINTAINERS...

Maybe we could add it to the "CHAR and MISC DRIVERS" section
in the absence of any other subsystem for it, if you want a well-defined
path for where to send patches.

That sounds like a good plan, I will send out a MAINTAINERS patch adding
drivers/misc/* to the files list for the "CHAR and MISC DRIVERS" section.

Regards,

Hans