Re: make clean all broken with -j? + question regarding modpost

From: Thomas Meyer
Date: Sat Aug 12 2017 - 07:21:35 EST

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:15:11PM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> Hi.

> >> 2.) compile modpost with debug symbols, -g
> >> how do I compile the modpost helper program with debug symbols? In what
> >> makefile, kbuild file do I need to add the compiler flag?
> >> Any help would be appreciated!
>

> If you want to pass extra options to the build command of host-programs,
> HOST_EXTRACFLAGS is supported.
>
> For example, HOST_EXTRACFLAGS=-g

Yes, after reading Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt and studying the
top level Makefile I was able to figure it out by myself.

But many thanks for the hint!

Now I just need to find out why an UML kernel with CONFIG_GCOV fails to
build all modules. modpost abends with missing symbols
__gcov_init, etc.

with kind regards
thomas