[ANNOUNCE] v4.11.12-rt9

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Fri Aug 04 2017 - 13:38:32 EST

Dear RT folks!

I'm pleased to announce the v4.11.12-rt9 patch set.

Changes since v4.11.12-rt8:

- CPU hotplug could be rock solid now. Yes. The rewrite of the hotplug
related parts for RT including rwlock's implementation over the last
few weeks looks good. 'good' means that Steven's CPU-hotplug test script
run a x86 box with two nodes without hanging for over a week.

- In v4.4.1-rt6 we enabled migration across scheduling while waiting
for a lock [0]. As part of the hotplug rework, this optimisation is
gone and the old behaviour is back.

[0] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-rt-devel.git/tree/patches/rt-locking-Reenable-migration-accross-schedule.patch?h=linux-4.4.y-rt-patches

- Reader biased RWLOCK implementation for Preempt-RT. This is an
alternative RWLOCK implementation for Preempt-RT and via Kconfig off
by default. Please enable it and help testing to see if something
stalls (as it not writer friendly). Nothing RT related should be
affected but please test your workload it to make sure.

Known issues
- none so far.

The web diff against v4.11.12-rt8
https://git.kernel.org/rt/linux-rt-devel/d/v4.11.12-rt9/v4.11.12-rt8

The delta patch against v4.11.12-rt8 found here:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/incr/patch-4.11.12-rt8-rt9.patch.xz

You can get this release via the git tree at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-rt-devel.git v4.11.12-rt9

The RT patch against v4.11.12 can be found here:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patch-4.11.12-rt9.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patches-4.11.12-rt9.tar.xz

Sebastian