RE: [BISECTED,REGRESSION] v4.12-rc: omapdrm fails to probe on Nokia N900

From: Clayton Craft
Date: Thu Jul 20 2017 - 21:28:42 EST

Well, I tried that (attached), but it didn't work either. For some
reason the error worker seems to stop after the disable. Possibly the
irq flood keeps it from running, so maybe it should catch all the errors
(I see underflows too).

Sorry, but I can't use more time on this today, and I'm leaving for
vacation today. I hope Laurent can help during my absence.

We could try reverting the patch you mention, but I think it doesn't
cause the problem.

Did you have CONFIG_DRM_OMAP_CONNECTOR_ANALOG_TV enabled earlier when
things worked? If you didn't, and the dts did not contain display
aliases, I think the omapdrm may have started without TV. So maybe the
TV side is the culprit, somehow (I couldn't find anything when I looked
at that side either).

Just curious if any progress has been made on this issue. It's still
happening with 4.13-rc1, and it doesn't look like any of the suspect
patches were reverted.