Detecting system includes in drivers

From: Stephen Boyd
Date: Thu Jul 20 2017 - 14:44:58 EST

I've run into a problem where I have a driver C file and a header
file for that driver that are in the same directory. The C file
has an include like

#include <driver.h>

instead of

#include "driver.h"

and building this in tree fails, but building it out of tree with
the O= option doesn't fail. Is there anyway that building out of
tree can be made to fail as well? The difference seems to be that
we include the directory for the drivers/ path when compiling the
C file out of tree, but we don't do that when building in tree.

a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project