Re: [git pull] vfs.git part 3

From: Christopher Li
Date: Fri Jul 07 2017 - 15:42:55 EST

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The releases are done way too seldom to be useful, but that may be
> improving. There is one fairly imminent, and it's probably a good idea
> to just test the current git tree.

Yes guilty of too few releases. We are cutting one release pretty soon.
The currently master branch of sparse git repository has gone to RC4
of of release v0.5.1.

BTW, the current sparse development has move back to the official sparse
repository. The sparse-next is the branch to test the bleeding edge bits.
In theory sparse-next can roll back and rewrite history, there is no guarantee
it will be clean pull. The master branch will never rebase, it will
prove a clean pull.

Chris