[ANNOUNCE] v4.11.8-rt5

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Wed Jul 05 2017 - 06:28:05 EST

Dear RT folks!

I'm pleased to announce the v4.11.8-rt5 patch set.

Changes since v4.11.8-rt4:

- Merged Tom Zanussi's "tracing: Inter-event (e.g. latency) support"
series. As a result I dropped the old "latency histogram" patches
we had in tree which provided more or less the thing (which means
the following config symbols are gone: INTERRUPT_OFF_HIST,
PREEMPT_OFF_HIST, WAKEUP_LATENCY_HIST, MISSED_TIMER_OFFSETS_HIST).

Known issues
- CPU hotplug got a little better but can deadlock.

The delta patch against v4.11.8-rt4 will be sent as a reply to this mail
and can be found here:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/incr/patch-4.11.8-rt4-rt5.patch.xz

You can get this release via the git tree at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-rt-devel.git v4.11.8-rt5

The RT patch against v4.11.8 can be found here:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patch-4.11.8-rt5.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patches-4.11.8-rt5.tar.xz

Sebastian