Re: Where to update regulator register with initial voltage set by HW

From: Waldemar Rymarkiewicz
Date: Fri Jun 30 2017 - 11:26:24 EST

On 30 June 2017 at 14:14, Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 01:37:32PM +0200, Waldemar Rymarkiewicz wrote:
>
>> I am not sure if I understand. Do you mean, a regulator should
>> determine a voltage and update a register with a right selector when
>> system boots, so the regulator framework reading reg register knows
>> actual voltage?
>
> Just don't provide a default value for the cache, regmap will do a
> physical read if there's nothing in the cache for that register and
> everything will work transparently.

Just want to understand well. "Physical read" means to read a register
value? or determine actual value another way? As Thomas mentioned in
previous email TPS65275 does not have a circuit to determine startup
voltage at least I cannot see this in the datasheet.

Data sheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/tps65273v

/Waldek