Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Kees Cook
Date: Wed Jun 14 2017 - 22:16:48 EST

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Kees,
>
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 18:56:30 -0700 Kees Cook <keescook@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I sent a series for -mm (or maintainers) to merge that should catch
>> everything. Do you want me to carry it in my kspp tree instead? (My
>> original intention was to carry all the fixes and the fortify patch in
>> kspp but akpm took it into -mm somewhat unexpectedly, not that I'm
>> complaining.)
>
> Andrew is currently not responding to stuff (he warned us last week),
> so if you do put the series in your tree, I will remove it from my copy
> of Andrew's quilt series. All the fixes necessary to make this usable
> should really be in the same tree if possible.
>
> (I am assuming that the fix patches have been reviewed and acked by
> appropriate people.)

Mostly, yes. But they're usually trivial. All have been sent out for
review (some a few times).

Given that the fixes are already scattered between various trees and
you merge -mm last in -next, I'll just carry the remaining fixes and
you can leave akpm's fortify patch in -mm.

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Pixel Security