Re: gpio-exar: Why filtering out Commtech devices?

From: Jan Kiszka
Date: Tue May 23 2017 - 11:05:59 EST

On 2017-05-23 16:33, Technical Support wrote:
> Both the PCI and the PCIe cards use the MPIO pins and the device driver
> actually sets the pins as outputs after registering the device with the
> PCI core. So the changes made to the default settings shouldn't break
> anything.
>
> Do the new default settings keep the UART_EXAR_MPIOINT_X_X values at
> 0x00 to disable their interrupts?

Look at
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty.git/commit/?h=tty-next&id=7dea8165f1d6434dc7572004363f86339f0f4322

Interrupts remain off, but all pins are now inputs. Again, if the logic
on the PCIe cards need any of them to be driven low, my patch causes a
regression. In that case, we also need to make the MPIO setup card-specific.

Thanks,
Jan