Re: tty: n_gsm: fix closing multiplexer mode

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon May 22 2017 - 14:16:31 EST

> disconnect frame before initialising multiplex mode. Since it's not so
> nice that userspace has to know the layout of a disconnect frame,
> the second patch introduces a disconnect ioctl which can be issued
> right before closing the physical port during the first session.
> This ioctl is only useful when during the second session it is known
> the the first session has been closed properly, so I'm not sure
> how useful it is to introduce such an ioctl.

I don't think it justifies an ioctl and the likely use case is that the
tty is hung up when the process dies so would already be in N_TTY at the
point anyone tried to clean up.

A more interesting question - and I don't have enough hardware to test
this any more - would be whether we can safely send that sequence if our
initial connects failed a few times so we try disconnect/reconnect.

Alan