Re: [RFC V1 1/1] net: cdc_ncm: Reduce memory use when kernel memory low

From: David Miller
Date: Mon May 22 2017 - 11:56:34 EST

From: "Baxter, Jim" <jim_baxter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 16:45:42 +0100

Unfortunately without a real notifier of some sort (there isn't one, and
it isn't actually easy to come up with a clean way to do this which is
probably why it doesn't exist yet in the first place) I really cannot
recommend anything better.

That being said, probably for the time being we should just backoff each
and every request, always trying initially to do the higher order thing.