Re: Using best practices for big software change possibilities

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sun May 21 2017 - 06:46:05 EST

>> How do you think about to resolve them by additional means besides mail exchange?
>
> That can work.

I am curious to find out which other communication means could really help here.

> E.g. meeting at conferences often solved mail communication problems.

I find my resources too limited at the moment to attend conferences on site.

How are the chances for further clarification by ordinary telephone calls?

> For now, I still wonder why you were unsure about grouping the changes
> into one patch?

I am varying the patch granularity for affected software areas to some degree.
But I came also places along where I got an impression for higher uncertainty.

> Maybe there is something to be learned?

This is also generally possible.

Would you like to extend the scope for the change pattern around questionable
error messages from a single source file to whole subsystem trees in Linux?

Regards,
Markus