Re: I'd like to donate a MacBook Pro

From: Alex Henrie
Date: Wed May 03 2017 - 22:34:56 EST

>> > So git bisect said that commit was a good change, what one was the "bad"
>> > commit that git bisect pointed at?
>>
>> The commit right after that, but it's not clear whether the screen
>> blanking problem was part of the same bug or just another bug that was
>> introduced at about the same time.
>
> That would be 39ab9555c24110671f8dc671311a26e5c985b592:
>
> iommu: Add sysfs bindings for struct iommu_device
>
> And it introduced a regression when iommu-sysfs entries are accessed.
> This is fixed in a7fdb6e648fb.
>
> Does that commit fix the screen blanking problem?

At a7fdb6e648fb the screen works but the keyboard is broken. I think
that the screen was actually fixed by an earlier commit, but when I
tried to run a regression test to find when the keyboard problem
appeared after the screen was fixed, I gave up because testing each
revision takes about half an hour and the keyboard problem appears to
be somewhat intermittent.

-Alex