RE: Asmedia USB 1343 crashes

From: David Laight
Date: Tue May 02 2017 - 11:43:21 EST

From: Thomas Fjellstrom
> Sent: 01 May 2017 14:40
> I've got a 970 Pro gaming aura motherboard with an Asmedia 1343 Usb 3.1
> controller. It's been consistently throwing errors and eventually crashing and
> becomming unresponsive.

I've an earlier Asmedia 1042 controller.
It has a bug (which I don't remember seeing a fix for) that it will
only process one entry from the command ring each time the doorbell
is rung.
If more than one command gets queued then it all got very confusing
because responses to timed out commands kept being seen.
(I no longer have the USB3 ethernet device needed to reproduce this.)

The later part might have the same bug.

David