Re: [RFC/PATCH] perf: Add sizeof operator support

From: Jeremy Linton
Date: Tue May 02 2017 - 07:47:13 EST

On 04/30/2017 05:06 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

On 06/14/2016 12:38 PM, Jeremy Linton wrote:

There are a fair number of tracepoints in the kernel making
use of the sizeof operator. Allow perf to understand some of
those cases, and report a more informative error message for
the ones it cannot understand.

What's the status of this patch series? Are you planning to update?

Hi,

Well, this series is dead. The question remains how to solve the problem. As the maintainers (at least in the case of arm/kvm) aren't interested in fixing the individual trace-points, that leaves just Steves's suggestion. Which hasn't yet been done. So, I guess that leaves me.