RE: Reduce Linux boot time on Large scale system

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Wed Apr 19 2017 - 06:35:24 EST

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017, Noam Camus wrote:

Please fix your mail client to do proper line wraps around 78 chars and
proper citation. Also please trim your replies. There is no point in
scrolling through 2 pages of cited mail just to get to your question.

> > From: Thomas Gleixner [mailto:tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > There might also be interaction required with the state machine,
> > i.e. stop the state progress on a self plugging CPU between two steps to
> > make serialization work.
>
> What would be a good base to start on all above? Would some formal
> release like v4.8 TAG good enough , or do I need to base on some other
> specific HEAD (or TAG)?

Errm, no. Development happens on Linus current tree or the particular
development tree/branch of a particular subsystem. In this case

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git smp/hotplug

which is empty right now, but about to be filled up again. Start against
Linus HEAD for now.

Thanks,

tglx