RE: [Regression Linux 4.11] TPM module not loaded anymore

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Thu Apr 13 2017 - 03:19:37 EST

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

On 2017-04-12 17:54, Moore, Robert wrote:
> And probably the dmesg if error messages appear in there.

Linux doesnât log any messages, as the `tpm` module doesnât load. Please
find the output of `sudo acpidump` attached.

[â]

Do you have any idea what control method(s) are executing? The DSDT
and SSDT in the acpidump load fine here, and all predefined control
methods in these tables execute OK.

Sorry, I donât know whatâs done.

We need to root-cause this problem, as a simple revert will break the
customers that the fix was intended for in the first place.

I know, but I have no idea how to root-cause this. If nothing can be found, a revert is required by Linuxâ no-regression-policy.

Kind regards,

Paul