Re: RAID array is gone, please help

From: raid
Date: Thu Mar 23 2017 - 14:09:53 EST

Thank you very much or your reply.

I naively thought that starting without partitions would be the best starting point, given 3 of the disks had been in a RAID5 array
previously (possibly with partitions, not sure), but that looks like
a bad choice, based on some other things I've googled. Lesson learned.

I have an mdadm.conf file, but it could be a remnant of my previous array. I've already edited it trying to get things to work, so I'm
not sure if it was updated when I created the new array or not.

I see various people online have had success in my situation using
madadm --create /dev/md0 --assume-clean --verbose --level=10 \
--raid-devices=4 /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde /dev/sdf

Some people used --assume-clean, and some didn't. Given my array wasn't done with its resync, maybe I should leave that out.

If that would work, I guess then I need to get the data off the array,
delete it, and recreate it with disk partitions, or risk this happening
again at the next reboot, for whatever reason.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to try mdadm --create at this point?

Sorry, I'm not sure how to write 0's to sector 0...

Thank you.