Re: [RFC] remove support for AVR32 architecture

From: HÃvard Skinnemoen
Date: Mon Mar 06 2017 - 01:10:01 EST

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Hans-Christian Noren Egtvedt
<egtvedt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have prepared three patches in my for-linus branch in git tree
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/egtvedt/linux-avr32.git

Acked-by: Haavard Skinnemoen <hskinnemoen@xxxxxxxxx>

Thank you for keeping it alive for so long!

I looked through you tree superficially. There are a few references to
AVR32 remaining. Most of them are for other subsystems, but you could
consider picking up a couple of more for your patchset:

include/uapi/linux/elf-em.h still defines EM_AVR32. This could be
considered a part of the architecture code.

lib/Kconfig.debug has a list of architectures which want frame
pointers. You could probably remove AVR32 from that list.

mm/Kconfig has a special case for AVR32 needing two quicklists.

If you were planning to patch each of those separately later, please
ignore my comments.

HÃvard