Regression in 4.11 - PowerPC crashes on boot, bisected to commit 5657933dbb6e

From: Larry Finger
Date: Wed Mar 01 2017 - 22:26:40 EST

My Powerbook G4 Aluminum generates a fatal splat early in the boot process, just after identifying the driver for the disk. Unfortunately, it turns off almost immediately, thus I cannot report the message. After this bug has been triggered, the system clock has been reset to Dec. 31, 1969. I assume this is a side effect of an uncontrolled DMA operation.

This problem has been bisected to commit 5657933dbb6e ("treewide: Move dma_ops from struct dev_archdata into struct device").

Larry