Re: [GIT PULL] HID for 4.11

From: Benjamin Tissoires
Date: Wed Mar 01 2017 - 04:28:33 EST

On Feb 28 2017 or thereabouts, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Peter Hutterer
> <peter.hutterer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I suspect you're just triggering a bug that wasn't triggered by the ps/2
> > emulation. you can run linput-debug-events --verbose and have a look at the
> > various state debugging information, that may hint at what's going on (e.g.
> > a finger mistaken as palm touch, or something). Or record one such
> > interaction with evemu-record and send it to me (preferrably here [1], if
> > you're using libinput). Also, what version of libinput/synaptics are you on?
>
> bug reported (it's bug 100014).

Thanks for the report.

As Peter mentioned in the bug, there is a missing property on the kernel
node (INPUT_PROP_BUTTONPAD).

The thing is this property is solely driven in the current driver by the
provided platform_data, so there is no way we ever set it through
hid-rmi. I wonder how we missed that.

Anyway, the good news is that the evemu record shows only one exportted
button, so we can infer the property quite easily in the module. Would
something like that work for you?