Re: [REGRESSION] pinctrl, of, unable to find hogs

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Mon Feb 27 2017 - 11:48:43 EST

* Mika Penttilà <mika.penttila@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [170226 21:46]:

> With current linus git (pre 4.11), unable to find the pinctrl hogs :
>

> imx6q-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: unable to find group for node hoggrp
>

> Device is i.MX6 based.

Sorry to hear about that, maybe imx_pinctrl_probe_dt() should be
called before devm_pinctrl_register_and_init()?

Things got moved around a bit with e566fc11ea76 ("pinctrl: imx: use
generic pinctrl helpers for managing groups") it seems. But maybe that
was done because we did not have commit 950b0d91dc10 ("pinctrl: core:
Fix regression caused by delayed work for hogs") when the imx_pinctrl
changes got merged.

Gary, are you able to reproduce this? Seems it should happen with
any imx with hogs configured in the dts.

Regards,

Tony