Re: Linux 4.10-rc8

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Feb 12 2017 - 17:32:06 EST

On Sun 2017-02-12 13:39:21, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Hey, it's another week, and I could have released the final 4.10.
>
> It's not been all that busy, although we did have a number of small
> last-minute regression fixes (some just reverting stuff that caused
> problems and needed more thought, others fixing things). But nothing
> out of the ordinary, and I wouldn't have felt bad about just doing the
> final release today.

I see some crazy stuff with v4.10-rc7 (and older).

Like machine not booting from cold boot, needing ctrl-alt-del at boot,
otherwise it changs during PCI quirks.

...and then it went away.

...and now it came back, seems it depends on the way it was shut down,
or length of power off.

Plus suspend/resume does not seem to work all that well now. (It works
well in v4.9 and before).

Generic Intel desktop. If someone sees strange stuff, too, it would be
good to know....

Pavel