Re: Linux 4.9.6 ( Restore IO-APIC irq_chip retrigger callback , breaks my box )

From: Gabriel C
Date: Sat Feb 11 2017 - 08:09:39 EST

On 11.02.2017 09:26, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

You might try with 'earlyprintk' on the command line. That should tell more.

With that I have some more output.. and after lots more boots I found out there are really
at least 2 bugs triggered by this in 4.10.

When just boothing with earlyprintk=vga debug ignore_loglevel the kernel hangs right after :

Key type dns_resolver registered
..

The cursor blinks and one have to wait a while this bug to trigger if at all.
Sometimes it just hangs there and that is.

Adding ' dis_ucode_ldr ' to commandline makes the kernel hangs right after :

clocksource: tsc: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 0x20ac7f6ecc6, max_idle_ns: 440795315461 ns

and I have the bug triggered really quick..

Also I cannot get netconsole to work , I'm sure is some problem here local and I don't have
any serial cable around right now. The only way I saw now to give you at least some ifo is to
make an video of that crash. You can find it there :

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/crash.mp4

Also this is after waiting a while :

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/20170211_130319.jpg

I know videos and picures are not the best solution but reight now I don't have any
other way to capture some logs :|

The kernel is Linus git tree + .d966564fcdc19e13eb6ba1fbe6b8101070339c3d reverted and the config is :

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/config

I hope the video helps at least somewhat to have a clue what could be wrong.

Regards,

Gabriel C