Re: [PULL] bcache: based on for-4.10/block, multiple updates

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Jan 31 2017 - 14:28:13 EST

On 01/31/2017 11:14 AM, Eric Wheeler wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2016, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> On 12/14/2016 06:50 PM, Eric Wheeler wrote:
>>> Hi Jens,
>>>
>>> I know you're busy, so when you get a moment:
>>>
>>> I've not yet seen your ack/nack on this yet and I want to make sure it
>>> gets in before the merge window closes for v4.10. I rebased it on
>>> for-4.10/block as you asked so its tested and ready to go as of 12/6
>>> unless you see something that I've missed.
>>
>> Pulled for 4.10, sorry about the delay.
>
> Hi Jens,
>
> Looking at 4.10-rc6, I see these two commits were merged:
>
>> bcache: partition support: add 16 minors per bcacheN device
>> bcache: Make gc wakeup sane, remove set_task_state()
>
> but these were in the same 'for-4.10-block-bcache-updates' and don't
> appear to have been applied:
>
>> bcache: introduce per-process ioprio-based bypass/writeback hints
>> bcache: documentation for ioprio cache hinting
>> bcache: update bio->bi_opf bypass/writeback REQ_ flag hints
>
> Did I miss an email that caused their exclusion?
>
> Did these get bumped to 4.11 for some reason?

I thought I sent out that reply, maybe I didn't. I dropped the
last three for two reasons:

1) They happened after the merge window, and it's really a feature
addon that should have gone in earlier

2) There seemed to be confusion and discussion around the interface
that needed to be resolved first.

Hope that explains it.

--
Jens Axboe